Mvuu Lodge is the proud host of the first ever Tiger Fish catch and release competition in Zambia, where the winning fish is determined on length rather than weight.
It takes place yearly at Mvuu Lodge with a great pool of prizes up for grab. If you missed out then contact us to take part next time around but be prepared for some stiff competition!
This eco-friendly initiative was the brain child of the Zambia Sport Fishing Association and sponsored by Action Auto, Madison General, Aon Zambia, Neon Signs and The Genesis Group of Companies.
We also have a grand prize of a 4x4 Double Cab Isuzu for any fish caught that weighs over 10kg!
The judging works as follows:
- We have set rulers that are used for judging
- Every competitor takes a picture of their fish, releases it and brings the picture back for checking.
- The judging is based on length rather than weight.
- The fish is laid onto the ruler, so the head/mouth touches the raised lip on the ruler.
- The size category of the fish is determined by which section the beginning of the fork of the tail is on the ruler to determine the size category.